Students in Year 5 and 6 are often enthusiastic to take on leadership roles and our leadership development programme aims to encourage that passion. We enable primary students to become strong and resilient leaders who want to make a difference. We believe this starts by recognising that as the leaders of the school, they are role models. The programme seeks to integrate a range of key leadership messages through an interactive approach which allows ideas to be put into action and to see young people become impactful leaders.
• Understand the impact their leadership, both individually and as a year group, can have on their school and their peers.
• Seek to foster positive friendships and look out for each other.
• Identify the qualities of a good leader and recognise their own strengths.
• Improve their sense of self and enhance their confidence.
• Develop a capacity to overcome difficulties and be resilient.
• Learn how to work and cooperate with others.
• Have fun and leave wanting to make a difference.